After we got all existential, we got a call from his brother's fiance inviting us to dinner.
We had a great time, even though I wouldn't do Applebee's in Time Square ever again. On our way home some lady bumped into Derby so hard that it knocked his phone off of his belt loop and on to the subway track, not cool! Luckily it didn't hit water or get any other damages.
The next day I coerced my cousin into going to Coney Island to see the Siren Festival, so I wouldn't have to go alone.
When we got there the Detroit Cobras (never heard of 'em) were just about wrapping up their set, so we walked around for a little while.
and watched some of Lavender Diamond's (who I'm not familiar with) set. They were really quirky, the lead singer kept talking about opening an Eco-friendly amusement park in Oregon, I dont think anyone was into so they started to leave in droves.
We are Scientists was going to start, so we bailed on Lavender Diamond . I knew we had to get there early cuz, MIA was playing after they did, and the crowd was bound to get crazy. As you can see we were faaaaaarrr away.
I asked Derby, what he thought about We Are Scientists, who I love. Not his scene, but not horrible.
There was a middle aged couple in front of us, who kept complaining about how MIA wasn't music and how loud it was. I wanted to kick their faces in and tell them to fuck off and go somewhere else. Plus the man had a really disgusting rash on his arm.
we managed to manuever our way farther up in the crowd but our place still sucked. MIA's set was awesome (despite persistent mic problems) w/ songs off her new cd, older stuff ( practically everyone was singing along to Sunshowers) and some covers she did a kick ass job w/ sampling some of the Pixies' "Where is my Mind"
It was so hot and the sun was starting to set
MIA fuhking killed it on stage, the dancing, the beats, the woman has stage presence. I even surprised my cousin with my public dancing and singing; how could I not? It's M.I.A. man!!!! My cousin was impressed too, I think I've gotten him hooked on her music, mission accomplished!
not mine but its way better than what I taped due to my distance from the stage...
We left after her set cuz it was so fuhkin' hawt. I swear I envisioned myself getting trampled to death by the crowd. I wish I had stayed to see the New York Dolls but it was unbearably hot w/ all those ppl. The rest of the weekend was really chill; movie watching like always and cracking jokes like its our jobs.
The train ride back home to LI. today, I figured that after reading trash or textbooks all summer that I should read some legitimate literature, so I looked at the geek stack a.k.a. my unread books that I buy compulsively, and decided on Dead Souls.
Oh hey, I'm also an idiot b/c I've had my camera for how long and didn't know it had this feature. Loser.
No comments:
Post a Comment