Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sweet Saturdays

This past Saturday i woke up at 7 (I'm not a morning person at all!) just to get my hands on the latest YSL Manifesto tote, after missing out on the last two hand-outs I wasn't about to miss this again. I got on the LIRR and met up with my favorite duo, Nancy and Nicole; we got to see some of the leftovers of the aftermath of the Jay-Z tribute concert (ugh wish I could've gone but watching on Fuse sufficed) at Penn Station from the night before.



While we waited outside the tents fashion blogger extrodinaire Susie Bubble of the Style Bubble
walked past me after coming from the Lacoste show.
I've been looking through the collection online and this is pretty much my favorite look, I love the blues and yellows that are being used [more of the collection available from New York Magazine]

I tried to not completely mob the girl handing out the totes like everyone else had, felt bad for her; that's definitely a scary situation to be completely crowded by people like that.


Afterwards I went to Borders and picked up the new Who What Wear book

(Hurray for those Borders coupons), got to bug my brother at his dorm at SVA, watched some movie being filmed outside Madison Square Park, and made a trip to Whole Foods (making that Homer Simpson drooling sound)

I made it back in time to Penn to grab the latest issue of i-D before the final boarding call for my train home.

I love the issue but one thing about European fashion magazine that I keep forgetting is the amount of boob they show and while it doesn't bother me personally, it's awkward trying to flip through it while on a train. Hehe. The issue is really great, the editorials amazing and a lot of the titles used for features are from Michael Jackson songs. There's behind the scenes video of Chanel, Arlenis, Jourdan, and Sessilee from the i-D site. All in all a pretty decent day.

1 comment:

Mrs. M. said...

ahh i missed my train going home from fashion week the other day! I was so pissed. If there is a hell I'm pretty sure it either looks like Port Authority or Penn Station.