Monday, July 6, 2009

You'll be hooked on the brothas!

Don't sleep on Walgreen's movie section although most of the times, sparse it always comes through with little gems like this


Lots of early childhood memories of watching Super Mario Bros. Super Shows, after school at my besties' house.



It featured Captain Lou Albano as Mario and was usually short live action segments introducing or in between the animated feature of the day. Captain Lou Albano may be familiar to anyone who's a wrestling buff, but I'll always remember him as the angry dad in the "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" video.



** I like to think that the monstrosity that was the Super Mario Bros. movie was never made, and am getting close to forgiving John Leguizamo for being involved.

1 comment:

Billy said...

My God, I REMEMBER THIS!!!

This is my childhood.

Also, the Super Mario Movie is fantastic in that "It's the worst movie ever created, but it's so bad that it's so hilarious" way.