Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ummmm Okkeeeyyyyy???

so I happened to have been watching Family Matters w/ my little brother (which in my honest opinion doesn't hold up well in these modern times,) when I saw a commercial for the Nickelodeon movie the Gym Teacher starring Law&Order: SVU's Christopher Meloni

I don't know what reaction I should have to this actually; on one hand I think Chris Meloni is pretty awesome and that the role looks like it may be a nod to his role as the crazy camp cook Gene in Wet Hot American Summer.

just more kid friendly; on the other hand it's Nickelodeon, which in my opinion went down the tubes circa '99. The Gym Teacher also features Amy Sedaris in prosthetic make-up and was directed by Paul Dinello both best known for Strangers with Candy, so it's gotta be good, right? Maybe its a good idea to have they sort of plant the seeds of their subversive comedy into these young children now. It might not be so bad after all (I hope).

No comments: