Monday, August 18, 2008

You want to tell me something that is sweet, you want to tell me something I've been dying to hear

So I happen to stop by Barnes&Noble on my lunch hour w/ Mickey, and found the latest issue of URB magazine, featuring Kid Sister on the cover.

Her article was awesome, but it sucks that her album has gotten pushed back to October. I also enjoyed the interview with Santogold,who I was lucky enough to see at Summerstage last month.

I really loved the Ladies Room feature, which interviewed the likes of Lykke Li and Sylvia Gordon,

who fronts the band Kudu. I've had the band's debut album Death of the Party in heavy rotation all summer, and I must say I have yet to tire of it.

Love Me in Your Language

Playing House

I just need to get my hands on the remix album that came out in June. If you haven't listened to any of Kudu's music you really ought to give a go, Sylvia's got an amazingly commanding voice, and Deantoni Brookes the bands drummer is pretty amazing.
I also saw Tropic Thunder over the weekend, I have to say I went in with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised, it was hilarious; and it's renewed my crush on Robert Downey Jr. and is it just me or do glasses really work for Jay Baruchel, yeah I'm developing a crush on him too.

In other news, my mom thinks its a good idea to put bleach into dish soap. I'm waiting for my kitchen to explode one day.

No comments: