Friday, September 12, 2008

Gentlemen, synchronize watches!

I spent a lot of unsupervised hours watching television, much of which wasn't appropriate for a kid under the age of 12 let alone a 5 or 6 yr old. But oh well, I wouldn't be who I am if not for my parents crazy work schedules and their foreign-ness (they still don't get a lot of American culture). So I'm quite attached to television, maybe more so than my parents (that's bad, I know I know); but whatayagonnado :-/ One of my favorite old shows was Parker Lewis Can't Lose, it was one of Fox's first shows. I still remember the fear that Larry Kubiac instilled as the bully and having a crush on Parker's best friend Mikey Randall (who was in one of my favorite '80s movies 'Just One of the Guys', also did some Tom McCann shoe commercials), being jealous of Jerry Steinen's (played by Troy Slaten who later went on to do Super Human Samurai Syber Squad) crazy trench-coat w/ all the compartments (seriously what didn't he carry?!?). I hated his scheming sister Shelly as well as Principal Musso and her lacky Frank Lemmer who were always trying to foil Parker's plans and get him kicked out of Santo Domingo High. Ughh where's my time machine, I need to get back to 1991.


2 comments:

Billy said...

I remember Parker Lewis!

Why isn't it on DVD yet.

Carsi said...

Corin Nemec and Shout Factory offered to pony up some money to get Sony to release it but Sony is being a bitch about it