Mickey and I went to go see Santogold @ Irving Plaza last night. It was great!!! We managed to get there early so we had a pretty decent spot in front of the stage.
One of the opening acts was Low vs. Diamond, they were good I have to say they played with everything they had within them, so I can't knock 'em.
The set changes were horrifically long, and it was standing room only so, at some points it wasn't all too fun.
The next to hit the stage was Plastic Little, a rap group from Philly. They were even better, songs about unprotected sex and drugs, what's not to love. They were even more fun and got the audience dancing.
another painfully long set change to wait for the final opener Trevor "Trouble" Andrew, who also happens to be Santogold's fiance. His band was playing hard, him not so much; his style is pretty laid back.
Trouble Andrews "Chase Money" from Carsi on Vimeo.
While Trouble was playing these two girls who were a) carrying flasks and b) obviously on coke kept writhing against me and many other people, forealz. It was so annoying and even though another girl and her friend kept telling them to back off they kept at, making everyone uncomfortable. We waited almost 45 minutes for Santogold to come out.
I can never get enough of her back up singers/dancers. They are awesome.
Santi's skirt was so cute!
Santogold "Creator" from Carsi on Vimeo.
(ignore my horrible singing along, lolz)
after the concert we went to rest our bones at Union Square Park, and ran into my brother, who was on his way to NYU. We watched little boys skateboard and BMX; and then headed off to Penn where I spotted one too many Hofstra people, I also managed to get the new issue of Missbehave featuring none other than Santi on the cover.

All in all it was probably one of the best nights I've had in a while.
2 comments:
I <3 stani's skirt. I can't find it anywhere!It was a great night.
lol we need to head to the fabric store and make you one
Post a Comment