Monday, October 6, 2008

Yogurt Battle


I love yogurt I have it basically everyday, if I had to choose one thing to have for all eternity it would be yogurt. I've been loving Fage yogurt ever since I found it at the supermarket early last spring. It's Greek so its supposed to be thicker than tradition American yogurts because of how it's strained or something. I've tried practically all the flavors of Fage. I had been ignoring its competition Oikos (who happens to be owned by Stonyfield Farms), and finally decided to give it a try and do a yogurt battle; to compare the two.
Fage separates the honey in a little side compartment, perfect for dipping your spoon in and drizzling over the yogurt; while Oikos has the honey on the bottom. I've found Fage to be a little more tart which I prefer in yogurt; meanwhile Oikos with honey is milder in flavor. Fage also offers the honey flavor in a full fat and low fat option both are totally nommy (as Yumna would say.) I stick to the Total 2% version, the regular Total is very good, but should only be had once in a while. Fage is really thick and smooth in its consistency and the honey has a really good mild flavor to compliment the tartness of the yogurt.




The Oikos tasted a bit like goat cheese which I like, but I wouldn't want to consume an entire 5 oz. tub of it. The honey was kinda runny and the flavor was a little off.



So I declare the winner of the yogurt battle to be Fage. Sorry Oikos, but you're kinda gross tasting :-/

1 comment:

Dorgus said...

Where can I get some Fage! This stuff looks good.