Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Finally it has happened to me....

Finally saw No Doubt perform live! a 14 year old dream of mine :-/ They played Jones Beach last Saturday and it was amazing. There's a reason they're still around; they know how to put on a show. I couldn't afford $90 tickets :-( so I opted for the $30 mezzanine seats (after seeing Morrissey in March I learned that mezzanine is never fun, but it is what it is)

My Long Island residency should be revoked, this was my first time to Jones Beach... I've been living here since '97...Yeahhhh
Mickey drove and we basically flipped through every station and listened to MJ songs the entire way :-)
Wayyyyyy up high, the weather gods granted us with good weather the rest of the night. Seriously all this rain is killing me, Thanks global warming. I've really gotten into Paramore in the past year, maybe it's the eternal 13 year old in me... The inspiration for the set was A Clockwork Orange. Tonnnnyyyyy!!!!!!!They dedicated "Hella Good" to Michael Jackson (RIP)
Cue to my terrible video :-/ Here's "Bathwater"

No Doubt from Carsi on Vimeo.


Stephen Bradley and Gabriel McNair are really amazing tour support. I really enjoyed they're interlude Gwen busted out a couple push-ups for "Just a Girl" this woman has some serious stamina and went hard the entire show They did they're new song "Stand and Deliver" and had Paramore and Janelle Monae, join them onstage.
All in all I think this was the best show I'd been to this year. They need to get that new album out ASAP!

1 comment:

Billy said...

Janelle Monae was with them too? Ok, that's cool. I love how she covers a Charlie Chaplin song on her Metropolis EP and almost no one recognizes that it's a Chaplin song.